Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Addicted To Stamps & More #227...

Hi! The new challenge at Addicted To Stamps & More is up and this week it is 


You can make your mark with pens, markers, pencils etc.

Here are the two cards that I made


And here are the steps that I took to make them.


I started with a piece of cream drawing paper on which I had stamped the Justrite Floral Stiched background couple of times. I often do this and give the sheets to my kids to color. I used Faber Castell sketch pens to color the background. These are simple sketch pens that come in a pack of 50 shades.


After I had finished coloring, I cut the paper into two panels with the Double Stitched Rectangle dies by DCAM. These are my go to dies for panels since they cut like butter and add a lovely stitched detail to the outside edge. 

Rest of the cards were simple. I mounted the panels on some kraft cardstock cut with the same dies since drawing paper is very thin. I then mounted the completed panels on kraft card bases. here is a closer look at the completed panel.


The sentiment is from the Happy Day stamp set by CrafTangles, an Indian brand. I really love the font in this set. I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Metallic Pink EP by Wow! on a strip of black paper. I mounted the sentiment strip on some foam tape as well.

I hope you like my cards and are inspired to create something beautiful. Please link your creations here.

Love,
Nandini


11 comments:

  1. So simple yet elegant!!! Loved them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty floral cards Nandini and I love the bright and cheery colours.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....that is one beautiful background! Love all the pretty colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic floral cards, Nandini. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nandini you have adorable stamp as background
    and so many job coloring
    but worthed so great
    I love your CAS design sweety
    I will remember this idea if one day I have BG flower stamp
    I just have time visiting my Teammate
    hope you like visiting us your teammate too sweety
    hugs
    Monika (ATSM Teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that flowery background stamp, such colourful cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umpteen apologies for being MIA; my scheduled 7 days of marking diploma exams transformed into 12 (talk about blurry eyes!) which saw me falling behind in leaving comments. I'm here now, absolutely bedazzled by your beautiful blooms; such impressive colouring!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete